Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Self-Contained (Usama Alshaibi, 2004)

  
In Self-Contained, Usama Alshaibi films Kristie Alshaibi lying on a hardwood floor covered in plastic wrap.

Who knows what kind of craziness will transpire...

Oh, wait a second. She just got out of the plastic wrap.

Hmm, the film is over.


Funny story. Between the years of, oh, let's say, 1995-2017, I used to carry around a plastic bag in my pocket.

I did this for two reasons:

1) I wanted to prevent imaginary coconut-loving parasites from devouring the imaginary coconut-flavoured microbes that used to cover the entirety of my corporeal essence. 

2) The crinkling sound the bag made whenever I would claw at it soothed the ringing in my left ear.

The reason I stopped carrying around a plastic bag in my pocket is shrouded in mystery. Part of me thinks it has something to do with ingesting an oral tablet that helps reduce the swelling caused by fluid buildup in my tissue. Another of part of me thinks I might have something to do with my sudden lack of interest when it came to worshiping Satan on a semi-regular basis.


 
Either way, the sound of the plastic wrap as it clung to Kristie Alshaibi's struggling body reminded me of my plastic bag years.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, I used several plastic bags over the course of that lengthy period of time. I didn't use just one. I mean, that would be mashugana.

Completely mashugana.

No comments:

Post a Comment